To remove the wax from carpet, upholstery, or clothing you will need a steam iron and a plain brown paper bag. Paper grocery bags work great for this. (Be sure to read all labels on your materials before using a hot iron on them)
This same method can be used for removing wax from clothing. (in case you put some shorts with surf wax in the pocket through the dryer... oops..)
• Cut open the brown paper bag so it lays flat.
• Lay the brown paper bag on the affected carpet, with any printing away from the carpet.
• Set the steam iron on a moderate setting and plug it in. Allow it to warm up.
• Once warmed up, place the steam iron on top of the brown paper bag over the wax spot. Move the iron back and forth over the wax spot. The iron should never come in direct contact with the carpet, only the paper bag. As the wax warms up it will begin to absorb into the paper bag.
• When a dark spot appears on the bag, move a dry area of the bag over the wax spot and continue to move the steam iron over the area.
• When no further wax absorbs into the bag, you have removed the wax.
• To remove candle wax from wood, apply a plastic bag filled with ice to the spot, until the wax is brittle enough to crumble off. If some candle wax remains, place an ink blotter on the area and apply a hot pressing iron to the top of the blotter.
Don't wait any longer. Contact Ultra Clean of Brevard today and we'll have your business, office, or vacation rental cleaned in no time. Cleaning services in Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Viera, Rockledge and surrounding Florida areas. Just give us a call at 321-403-1761 and we can arrange convenient service for you.